Duke’s 2014 Social Media Mash-up
The Duke Communicator’s group gathered on Friday, Jan. 24 for our first meeting of 2014 to hold a “Social Media Mash-up.” This was our second meeting held in this format – see this earlier post for information on the inaugural event.
Our speakers were a number of colleagues who shared their own experiences and “lessons learned” working in social media, following a format similar to an Ignite session. The program included:
- Tom Dominick and Audra Ang from university development on how Duke Forward has used social media on the road at fundraising events
- Wendy Hower and J. Caldwell with the Nasher Museum will share how they use digital media for exhibits and events
- Michael Palko, a Health System colleague, on self-teaching himself to become an Instagram sensation
- Amanda Peralta from ONC discussed different approaches to social networks
- Brett Walters from Alumni Affairs on the new LinkedIn University Pages
- Aaron Welborn from Duke Libraries highlighted their extensive use of blogs
I know I walked away with great new ideas to try, as well as with renewed inspiration from our innovative colleagues.
Save the date for our next Duke Communicators event in Perkins Library 217 on Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 3p.m., featuring Duke alumnus and founder of Ignite Social Media, Jim Tobin.
No comments yet.